QuickBooks now offers new and improved Express Web Connect Online banking. We will be assisting you in switching from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect. This will allow you to track your financial transactions much easier.
Note: Make sure to update your QuickBooks to the latest release.
Step 1: Prepare to switch to Express Web Connect
Make sure there are no pending transactions associated with you.
- Create a backup of your company file.
- From the File menu, select Utilities > Switch To Single-user Mode.
- Select My Company from the Company
- Click on Sign In.
- Remove pending online payments or checks.
- Add and match previously downloaded transactions.
Step 2: Deactivate Bank feeds for an account
Before switching to Express Web Connect, sign out from your account to refresh your connection.
Step 3: Set up an account for Bank feeds
To download your bank transactions, set up your bank account in QuickBooks:
- From the main menu, go to Banking > Bank Feeds > Set Up Bank Feeds for an Account.
- Under the Enter your bank’s name section, enter the name of your bank or financial institution.
- Log into your company file from the My Company sign in page.
- Provide your online banking credentials and click on Connect. QuickBooks is now connected with your bank’s server.
- Choose the account/s you will be connecting to QuickBooks and then click on Connect.
- Click on Close.
Step 4: Download transactions via Express Web Connect
You are now all set to download your bank transactions.
- From the main menu, go to Banking > Bank Feeds > Bank Feeds Center.
- Now select an account from the Bank Account list.
- Click on Download Transactions.
- Once the download finishes, click on Transaction List to start the transaction.
Possible Error Messages You Might Encounter
While switching from direct connect to express web connect, you may face several issues as well. Here’s the causes and the steps to resolve them.
Direct Connect error messages
This feature is no longer supported
It occurs when you use the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop but you still use the Direct Connect method.
Connectivity for this financial institution has been disabled
When you have not updated your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release, you get the following error message:
Setup error messages in Express Web Connect
During the time of set up and using Express Web Connect, you can face several errors and issues such as:
This error occurs when you use a different user ID.
- From the main menu, go to Company > My Company.
- Click on Sign out.
- Now, log into your original ID using appropriate credentials and try to download transactions.
This error occurs when QuickBooks doesn’t have appropriate rights to download account data.
1.Deactivate Bank feeds
2.Set up Bank feed error 350
You face this error when you can’t access the banks feed. You may have removed access to this account through your bank or use it with another company file.
You face this issue when your Intuit User ID credential is having some issues. You can resolve this error with the following steps:
- From the main menu, go to Help > Reset Intuit ID Settings.
- Type YES in the text field and click on OK.
- From the Company menu, click on My Company and then click on Sign In.
- Enter your Intuit login credentials (not your company file credentials).
- Try to connect your bank or financial institution again.
88888 No FI accounts found for given credentials. Please try with different credentials
You get this error when the account doesn’t contain any financial institution.
- Solution 1:
- Deactivate Bank feed.
- From the main menu, go to Help > Reset Intuit ID settings.
- Enter YES in the text field and click on OK.
Run the rebuild and verify data utility or use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve this issue.
The steps mentioned in this article should be helpful for you in understanding the payroll tax wage bases and limits. Understanding this concept is quite simple and easy to understand but sometimes you can face several errors and issues in it as well. In such situations, you can get in touch with our technical support department by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-440-0285 to get instant QuickBooks support.