While updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll, you may receive an error that starts with the number 15. We show you how to resolve many 15xxx errors and how to install a digital signature.
Fix 15xxx error
If you get an Error 15103, 15104m, 15105m, 15106, 15107, 15223, 15240, or 15271 try the following.
- Run Reboot.bat.
- Restart your computer. Then open QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you are prompted to install an update, select Install Now.
- If you are still unable to install the update, delete and download the update again.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks < versionXX> \Components. (Note: xx is the version number of QuickBooks Desktop. For example, QuickBooks Desktop 2019 is DownloadQB19.)
- Open QuickBooks Desktop. Then go to the Help menu, then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Update Now tab. Then mark the Reset the updates checkbox.
- Select Get Updates to redownload the updates.
- When the download is complete, close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- On the QuickBooks Desktop Update Service window, select Install Now.
Install a digital signature certificate
Here’s how to install a digital signature certificate.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Right-click on QBW32.exe. Then select Properties.
- Go to the Digital Signature tab. And make sure Intuit is selected in the signature list.
- Select Details.
- In the Digital Signature Details window, select View Certificate.
- In the Certificate window, select Install Certificate.
- Select Next until Finish is displayed. Then select Finish.
- Restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks, then re-download the update.
Download the updates in Safe Mode
Download the updates in Safe Mode.
- Open your computer in Safe Mode.
- Re-download the update.
- If successful, restart your computer in Normal Mode. Then re-download the update.